Puffins Crunchy Peanut Butter Wraps
- 1/4 cup Puffins Peanut Butter Cereal, crushed
- 4 tortillas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granny smith apple, chopped
- Crush cereal in food processor or blender.
- Spread peanut butter over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with chopped apple and crushed cereal.
- Roll up tortillas and cut in half.
Puffins Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4, 1/3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Pecan Puffin Topping
- 2 cups crumbled Puffins® Cinnamon Cereal or Puffins® Honey Rice Cereal
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans (untoasted)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish or 3 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then place them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until the potatoes are fork tender, about 1 hour or so, depending on the size of your potatoes. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Peel and discard the skins (they should come off easily with your fingers), break the potatoes into large chunks with a fork, then place the chunks into the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl.
- Pour almond milk. Add the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and white pepper. Mash the potatoes together with the milk and spices until fairly smooth with some texture remaining. Taste and add additional salt/pepper as desired. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. With the back of a rubber spatula, press and smooth into a single layer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients: cereal, pecans, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup until moist and evenly mixed. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake until the topping is toasted and fragrant and casserole is warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Puffins Original Popsicles
- 1 medium/large banana
- 1/3 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Puffins® Original Cereal
- In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the banana on medium until mashed (approximately 1 minute)
- Add in yogurt and milk and continue mixing until blended. Add the strawberries and cereal and stir by hand slowly to avoid crushing it.
- Pour into Popsicle molds and insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze 8 hours until solid.
Puffins Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup of Puffins® Peanut Butter Cereal
- 2/3 cup of natural peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 20 oz. dark chocolate
- Mix together the peanut butter, butter, salt and powdered sugar until creamy
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, take out and stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and drop a teaspoon of the melted chocolate on the bottom of each liner. Spread the chocolate across the bottom and push up around the edges. Allow to harden.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter filling on the center of the bottoms of each liner and spread out until it’s neatly at the edges
- Place Puffins Peanut Butter Cereal over the peanut butter mixture
- Place 2 teaspoons of chocolate over the cereal and peanut butter mixture to ensure they’re completely covered
- Allow the chocolate to harden and then peel off the liners
Puffins Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Balls
- 2 cups Puffins® Peanut Butter Cereal
- 1/4 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Process cereal in food processor until finely ground
- Remove 1/4 cup of the cereal crumbs and set aside in a medium bowl
- Add peanut butter and honey to crumbs in food processor bowl; pulse several times to combine
- Shape mixture into 12, 1-inch balls, roll balls in cereal crumbs