Skip to content
Barbara’s Breaded Herb-Roasted Veggies
- 2 cups Barbara’s® Morning Oat Crunch® Original Cereal (1 cup crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fresh veggies (zucchini, carrots, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons milk or water
- Crush cereal in food processor or blender. Combine cereal, seasoning, cheese and pepper in medium zip-type bag; shake well.
- Cut zucchini, peppers and carrots into 1/4-inch strips. Chop broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease rimmed baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Beat egg and milk with fork in a shallow dish.
- Dip half of the vegetables into egg mixture, then shake veggies in breading in zip-type bag until well-coated. Place on baking pan. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven and turn vegetables over with tongs or spatula. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are crisp- tender and coating is golden brown.
- Remove from oven; serve immediately. Enjoy!